World cities list with latitude and longitude
Last update : 28 September 2023.
Presentation of our exhaustive collection of 4 510 988 towns around the world, accessible in four distinct formats: CSV, Json, SQL and XML. We have refined the Geoname database to show only metropolises, administrative centres and hamlets. All this data is carefully linked to geographical areas and sub-divisions, where available.
Each document provides information such as: Geoname_ID, City, Alternate_Name, Country_Code, Region, Sub_region, Latitude, Longitude, Elevation, Population, Timezone, Fcode_Name. For clarification on these elements, please consult our FAQ section below.
The World Pack contains data for every city in the world in separate files. Each archive contains data for a specific country.
To give you an idea of the content, here is a sample of the information included in the global file. You can retrieve a representative extract for a particular nation, in formats such as CSV, XML, JSON and SQL :
World Pack: Your Ultimate World Country Database
Are you looking for a complete database of cities by country, with detailed information? Look no further than the World Pack! Find out why our country database is the best resource for all your geographical data needs.
Why choose the World Pack?
- Comprehensive: Our database covers every country in the world. From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, we've got it all.
- Detailed data: Each city is associated with precise data from GeoNames. Take advantage of information such as country code, latitude, longitude and much more.
- Regular updates: We understand how essential up-to-date data is. That's why our database is regularly updated to reflect changes in geography or demographics.
How can our database help you?
- Web and Mobile Developers: Easily integrate geographic information into your applications and services.
- Analysts and Researchers: analyse demographic trends, plan development projects or carry out accurate market research.
- Logistics companies: plan your routes based on the most accurate geographical data.
Ease of use
The World Pack is formatted for easy integration. Whether you use SQL, Excel or any other data analysis tool, you can easily exploit the information provided.
"The World Pack has been a major asset for our logistics company. The data is accurate and always up to date." - M. Dupont, CEO LogistiquePro, Luxembourg
"As an application developer, I always need reliable geographical data. With the World Pack, I found everything I needed." - Sophie L., Freelance Developer
Whether you're a large enterprise, a freelance researcher or a geography enthusiast, the World Pack is the perfect resource for all your geographic data requirements. Join thousands of satisfied users and download the World Pack now to access all the countries in the world!
FaQ about World
- Geoname_ID: This is a unique identifier for each place or geographical name in the Geoname database.
- City: The name of the place, which can be a town, village or any other form of human settlement.
- Alternate_Name: Other names or appellations that the place may have. These alternative names may be in different languages, dialects or even local names.
- Country_Code: This is the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code for the country in which the place is located. For example, "US" for the United States, "FR" for France.
- Region: This represents the first-order administrative division in which the location is situated. For example, this could be a state, province or territory.
- Sub_region: This is a second-order administrative division, such as a county or district, within the region.
- Latitude: The geographical latitude of the location, usually in decimal degrees.
- Longitude: The geographical longitude of the location, also usually in decimal degrees.
- Elevation: The elevation or altitude of the location in relation to sea level, usually measured in metres.
- Population: The estimated number of inhabitants or population of the location.
- Timezone: The time zone in which the location is located, in accordance with global time zone standards.
- Fcode_Name: This is a code that categorises the type of location. For example, "PPL" could mean a populated place, while "PPLC" could be the capital of a political entity.